Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Take Along Kiddies Art Bag

Hello Bloglanders

Happy Tuesday to you all.  I'm still working on my Sunday Summary for Week 44 and it will get up sometime soon. Problem is - we currently have horrible weather down under in Sunny SA and I can't photograph my outdoor projects!! My Photoshop skills are just not up to upping my photo quality.  I'll put it on my 2015 wish list.

BUT, I did finish my Kiddies Take Along Art Bag!!!

























I've got new neighbors with 2 small kids and I was thinking about a useful Christmas gift to make for them. SO, while working on my Watercolour art bag, it hit me - a Kiddies version!!  I really want them to be able to use it while travelling so I opted for a mini chalkboard (Mr H halved a shop bought one for me), multi colored chalk and a felt eraser.

























This time round I decided to make the chalkbag and eraser detachable as I thought the child can fold the bag over while travelling and work as it it.

Here you can see the inside info:

























And a close-up of the chalk bag:

























I used a piece of thick book plastic, added the Velcro, folded it over and stitched. DONE.

For those of you who want to try your hand at it, here is the unfinished inside and outside pieces:


























The size of my finished bag (closed without the handles) is 25 x 16cm {10 x 6). About A5 which is perfect for little hands. Open (without the handles) it is 25 x 34cm {10 x 13.5 inches). The finished handles are 2.5 x 33cm (1 x 13 inches)

I decided to decorate the outside with Silhouette heat transfer.  I used the same cut file that I've used here. This time I added a funky "i" and omitted the "heart".  Reason for using the heat transfer???? I keep all my offcuts and had it on hand.  You know, "waste not, want not".




That concludes my Take Along Bag series.  I'm so glad I tried my hand at it. I love my Watercolour bag and I've used it every day over the past month!!  Also, now I'm sorted for Christmas pressies for my neighbor's kiddo's.  Best part is that I only used what I had on hand.

I'm off to start on my girlfriend pressies. Of course, I'll share!!! Just check back.

Thanks for looking at my blog today and remember to try your hand at something new. Have fun and craft
on!!





No comments:

Post a Comment