Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Date night

Hi there bloglanders

As promised, I’m here to show you my 2011 Date night mini album.  I actually used Monika Wright’s idea (I'm a huge fan of her creativity) for the book and then added my own twist. It is basically a cover made out of an old school book filled with different pages, journaling spots, die cuts and scraps of paper.  I just stitched it all together with my sewing machine. For every occasion I have added a brief description, date, detail and some pictures.  Easy peezy and I love it.


This is the front of my book.  A printed sentiment, eyelets, felt heart and some ribbon.  I made my own string clasps by punching circles out of scraps and putting an eyelet through the middle. The felt heart is homemade as well.

Inside is detail of trips and outings. 


Inside the back cover I sewed an extra pocket as my album was full by the end of November and I had to do the December outings on tags that went into the bag. I just love the look of multi media and the big advantage is that it is recycling at its best.

Tomorrow I will show the pressie I did for a friend.  Please come back and have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment