Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pressie party

Hi there all you bloglanders

Today I want to share with you a present I wrapped for a very good friend.  To tell you the truth, I know her for 4 months less than my own age!  We actually grew up on neighboring farms and even our moms were friends while expecting us.  She is an excellent gardener but not a big crafter but always keen to find out how I do my projects.  She lives about 150 kilometers from me and we don’t see one another that often as our families and homes keep us very busy.

In South Africa it’s a real battle to get hold of nice goodies and when the scrapbook club I belong to, advertised twine from Doodlebug, I jumped in and bought a roll of each for her.  I love the colors and the size of the rolls (and it was really, really affordable – less than a dollar per roll). I just know that she will love it as she likes wrapping flowers from her garden and adding a home made card. Even if you use ribbon to tie a bunch or a present, twine just gives that extra punch.


I used a glassine bag from Monika’s etsy shop, folded a scalloped circle over the top, added a strip of paper, a die cut (MFT’s Contempo Cage & Stamp Set) and some green twine from The Twinery.  I chose a pink and green color scheme as my pink is my friend’s favorite color and as I’m not a “pink person”, I toned it down with one of my favorites – green! I think it looks clean, cool and girly. Perfect for my oldest friend.

I have a lot of office work to do (need the money to pay for my toys) but once that is done, I’ll start on my month-in-review pages.  Can’t wait! Of course, I will keep you posted but tomorrow I think I will get into the spirit of loving – Valentine’s day!  Please come back to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment