Monday, February 6, 2012

Playing with Love notes

Hi there bloglanders

As promised I'm sharing with you the mini, mini love note books I made for my friend's girls.  I made four - three for the girls and one for me to use on Valentine's day.  You will see that they are all different colours as I only used scraps and recycled paper.


For the front page I punched a heart with a spellbinders die and then used a smaller one for the inside cut out.  The idea is that you can write the mini book's title on the first white heart peek-a-boo style.  Inside there are 10 white hearts and the back page is red once again. A small binder ring keeps them together but I plan to do some for a craft market and intend to use ordinary key rings as they are much cheaper. Just make sure that you punch the holes on all the hears in the same place. I used a cropadile to do a small hole through the whole stack and then made neat ones over them with a normal office punch. (Tip: use clothes pegs to keep your stack intact)

If you don't have a heart punch or die - just cut a template and you're off.  For the front page you can loose the peek-a-boo and glue a smaller white heart onto the red one for a title.  Printed paper will make beautiful hearts as well but I used office scraps for the inside and I actually love the simplicity of the red and white.


For the girls I  packed their mini, mini love note books in small glassine envelopes and jazzed it up with a few scraps of paper and die cuts. They loved the books as well as the packaging.


I packed mine in a tin recycled from last year's Valentine's day.  My idea is to write a love quote on every page and give it to someone special. To me this is a much more personal gift than chocolates and cheaper too! Once again, an idea to reuse, recycle and utilize the tools you already have in your stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment