Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Wedding bells

Hi there Bloglanders

Remember the recipe book I made for my friend's kitchen tea? If you didn't come to play on that day, you can click here to see. I really loved the way it turned out and will make one for myself as well.

I got hold of some of the fabric from her wedding dress  and the bridesmaids' dresses (her mom is doing all the outfits) and decided to use it to make a guest book for the wedding where every guest can write a little wish for the couple.

This is the finished book:

I actually did a Zutter binded book and inserted it into a fabric covered cover. This is the first page of the book with names and dates to commemorate the occasion.


Inside it looks like this:

The size of the book is A5 as the bride's mom is making a box for her coffee table where she can keep all her wedding mementos.  A5 is small enough to fit into her box but also big enough to accommodate 160 messages from friends and family.

Last page:

I love to add dictionary descriptions!  This one is "TROU" - Afrikaans for wedding / to get married / to be faithful. 

Wrapped and ready to be delivered:

I actually wanted to buy a cook book for a present but looking at the pictures, I'm glad that I decided to go the extra mile and do something special for a very special friend. 

That's it from me. Please come back to play - tomorrow I'm getting to the Easter decor.



No comments:

Post a Comment