Friday, April 6, 2012

Love Notes for Mum

Hi there Bloglanders

OK, nothing in the Etsy shop yet but it is such a huge step and I don't know where to start. It's just that I don't want to rush into something and then have to re-do.  I'll just give myself this weekend to think about it.  You remember the little Love Note books that I made a while ago? Like this?


I decided to do one for Mother's day to thank my mum for the things she had done - like taking me to school and sport, cooking (my mum doesn't like this one but did it anyway), buying me stuff (she liked this!), buying me clothes (actually she made most of it!), etc. And now my Love Notes looks like this:


I did the front page peek-a-boo style with the Ma (Afrikaans for mum) peeking out from the first Love Note.
Inside:

I just printed letters onto a piece of paper, cut it up and glued it on again - I wanted it to look like mini letter stickers. I also added a different heart cut-out to each little note. I'm very pleased with the look and I think mum can even use it as a keyring.

The rest of the little books that I made were packed (I actually made 25!) and was delivered to a craft fair yesterday.  I hope they end up on a lot of mum's key rings this Mother's day.


Enjoy the rest of your Easter weekend and I'll come back to play on Tuesday.  Have a great weekend and remember:




1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how many Mum's out there will be that much happier to receive this adorable gift. Love it!

    ReplyDelete