Monday, August 27, 2012

Birthday Layout MME Challenge

Hi there Bloglanders

It's a brand new week - stuff to do, places to see, people to meet and pic's to be taken!  I hope that all of you will have a great week.

This is my Birthday layout for 2012:


My family all have their birthdays within a month!  A few years ago I decided to make one layout capturing everything we did on the different occasions. Of course, if we have a big "do" I'll do a separate page but for now this works for me.  I'm submitting my layout to the My Mind's Eye August challenge.  The idea is to use holiday goodies in a different way. 

Now, my fellow South Africans will tell you that getting nice goodies down under is a huge problem for us.  At first I decided that it will just not be possible for me to participate as I don't have any MME holiday goodies.  I went through my stash and I'll show you what I found!


I belong to a scrapping club and every Christmas we receive a freebie.  This is supposed to be folded into a gift bag.  As I like all my pressies to be wrapped in the same way, this got filed into my card making stash.  I loved the colors - dark brown and blue and most of the sentiments on the tags worked with my birthday theme as well. 

Also from different kits came the following ex MME's holiday / other ranges that went with my color scheme:


I used my good old Cuttlebug to die cut all the music notes, stitched the lines for the music and added a few buttons from MME as well as from my sewing stash. Where I had some Christmas words, I just covered it with dates and some sub titles. You will see that I added a vellum pocket to the bottom right corner.  This was where my journaling was supposed to go but my page got too "busy" and I opted to hide the journaling. You will see it peeking out just right of the envelope.  I like the way it is but might change my mind in future and fill the pocket with something.

I know you don't like (my) layouts but I'm rather proud of myself for making this one out of the minimum of supplies.

That's it from me.  Enjoy the rest of your week and please come back to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment