Thursday, August 16, 2012

Flower Power

Hi there Bloglanders

Me again!  This is actually my Friday post but as I don't do scheduling (yet?), I'm sharing it now because I have a lot of office work to do tomorrow.

I'm still on my "flower" theme and you might remember that I'm stocking up on notebooks and cards for my pressie stash.  It won't be ordinary - they are hand made and beautifully decorated so I decided to zuss up a pen to include in my gift bag.  This is what I did:

And a close up:

They even look better in real life but this is as good as my photo taking skills can go.  I have used organza scraps left from evening dresses when the girlfriends were still in the dress-up stage (everything is small and black nowadays).  I just burned the edges on my stove, inserted a bead in the middle and covered the pen with florist ribbon.  I have two on my desk and use it all the time - they make me smile every time I use it.

If you want to know how to make them, I'll gladly share the pattern with you. Please contact me or leave a comment.  I'll be back right here to share some more crafting fun.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment