Monday, August 13, 2012

Flowers to be continued

Good morning Bloglanders

It's Monday and a brand new week!  Over the weekend I read "Signature styles" by Jenny Doh and what an inspiring book!  It made me think.  I'm actually a hybrid crafter but since I started this blog I moved to doing a lot of cards as they are such quick projects to try out techniques or practise with new tools.  BUT, this is not all there is to me!  So, I've decided to get a weekly theme that inspires me and try out more hybrid projects to match. 

Nothing like the present. Here is my first hybrid on my handmade flower theme that I chose last week for the CPS card:
I made these little felt roses and attached them to a hair clip.  I used The Play Date Cafe color scheme.


I'm sure everyone in Stellenbosch will notice my hair clip today - very, very bright and funky for this cold, winters day.  I love it!

I did another card as well.  Normally I try to make at least 3 cards with the same theme as I love giving sets away as pressies.  One normally looks too sad and lonely to me.  Another of my hang ups - even cards have souls when I make / give them. 
This one is going to The Old Back Porch for Week 32 of the 52 Card Pick-up. Even though I'll be doing more hybrid projects I'll keep up my card making as this is great fun.

Well, that's it from me.  Have a great Monday and please come back to play.

5 comments:

  1. Love the hair barrette, Hazel! It's sure to brighten up anyone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair clip is so super fabulous. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. darling! Love the clip!!! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hair clip is just gorgeous! This would look so lovely in a little girl's hair - I just may need to borrow this idea for my nieces! Glad to have you join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute clip! I love the bright colors! Thanks for playing along in The Play Date Cafe challenge!

    ReplyDelete