Thursday, September 27, 2012

Blob mini album

Hi there Bloglanders

We are having horrible winter weather even though it's supposed to be spring in sunny SA.  I don't really mind and stayed inside doing admin and my school supply mini (told you about it yesterday, remember?). 

After die cutting all my "ink splatters go wrong" into more acceptable shapes, I printed my pictures and off to my craft table I went.  Here it is - my ink blob mini album:

I used pictures from our camping weekend and plan to incorporate the whole mini album in a layout for my 12 x 12 album. Of course I'll share once it's done!  And the inside pages looks like this:


There is still some journaling to be done but the nice part about this mini book is that it can be taken apart without any hassle.  Maybe I'll include some more pictures or  souvenirs at a later stage.  Now for the challenge.  We had to use school supplies and do the "ink splatter thing". I think you know how I feel about the latter but the first requirement was easy even though I don't have any school going children.

I use craft folders from the stationary shop all the time.  They cost R1 for a huge one. (Card stock will cost about R8 for a single 12 x 12 sheet) The other paper I've used is purple paper that we use to cover school books - it looks like the normal brown variant but I love to use it as they come in all the colors of the rainbow.  Once again - very cheap and you get the school labels that I've used included!  All my white pages are recycled office paper and the envelope is a used wage envelope.  What more?  A bit of washi tape, a few die cuts and I even printed the alphabet that I've used on the left over space of the pictures I did.

I love it when something worthwhile gets done by using stuff for alternative purposes.  Also, to recycle is very important to me.  Even though I have mixed feelings about this project, I'm rather proud of my effort.

That's it from me. Have a great day and please come back to play. I'm off to link my project to Scrap RDV.  If you want to check it out, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment