Wednesday, September 26, 2012

School supplies mini book

Good morning Bloglanders

I'm back to share a mini book that I've been working on.  More than working on - this one is a real mission (mess).  It's the Scrap RDV challenge using school supplies (I don't have children in school any more) and ink splatters (mine looks like ink blobs).  Anyway, at least I'm always game for trying out new things. 

Alexandra from Scrap RDV and Art, Scrap and More can do just about anything with paint, ink, pen, pencil and whatever art medium you can think of.  I don't even have paint except for an 20+ year old water paint set ex my son's childhood.  I do have refill ink for my stamp pads so this is where my blobbing started:


It was a huge mess and I ruined my nails, the dining room table, the dining room floor and a whole week's newspapers.  This is what my thumb looked like:


More than a week later, it still looks like that.  I'm a rather fussy scrapper and a mess is a mess to me so to salvage some of my effort I decided to die cut my blobbed artwork and now I'm left with this:


On the right is a my mini book and one of the inside dividers.  Here is a close up of the mini book:


I made a folder out of an old office file and added the fastener to keep everything intact. Then I decorated my front with the die cuts, blobbed artwork, some washi tape and twine.  It still looks like some alien slush but I think I'll be able to live with it once I've added my pic's, titles and some journaling.  I'm off to have my pictures printed!

Have a great day and please come back to play as I'll be sharing my crafty ideas right here on Play as U Go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment