Thursday, October 11, 2012

Album upgrade

Hallo to all my Blogland friends

I hope you are having a wonderful Thursday.  I've totally lost track of time - just very, very busy doing fun stuff. When my husband asked this morning if I did the recycling, I couldn't believe that I missed yesterday's pick-up.  Thought it was only Wednesday today!  Time flies when you're having fun.

About a year ago my mum and dad moved to a smaller house and had to downsize.  One of the things that had to go was a lot of framed pictures as their new possie just doesn't have that much wall space.  I took everything out of their frames, copied, cut and paste it all into a 12x12 album.  As I didn't want to spend a fortune on and album, I used one from a sale and covered it with beautiful fabric.

I took the whole thing apart and covered the spine and covers in fabric.  My good old glue gun did the rest.  On the inside of the covers, I used rather neutral scrapbook paper. Mum can always add a pocket or some journaling here in future.

This is what mum's fabric covered album looks like:


Top right picture is my mum when she was 5 (taken 70 years ago!).  The album is now proudly displayed on their coffee table and instead of filing the pictures away in boxes, they can be enjoyed 24/7.

That's it from me.  I've already lost one day this week and will have to run to get everything done before the weekend.  Have a great day and please come back to play.  Remember to Play as U Go!


No comments:

Post a Comment