Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas prep 2012 - Cookie tins

Good morning Bloglanders

It's a horrible, windy day in sunny SA and I don't even want to venture outside to hang my washing.  Well, more time to think up crafts.

I give SMALL, homemade pressies but I divide them into 4 categories -

1. Family - this I plan individually according to different tastes and needs.
2. Good friend pressies - these are my faves.  I really try to give something special and handmade because
    I   know all of them will become cherished possessions.
3. Neighbor gifts - I have already shared the 2012 version of this yesterday. If you missed it just scroll down
    or get it from the archives in the right hand column. For this I do something useful and universal.
4. Older people gifts - these goes to people who are in old age homes or are struggling financially.
    Normally I give something like home baked cookies, a jar of newly made jam nicely packed.

Without further ado - 2012's categories 4 pressies:


I recycled used coffee tins, wrapped it in copied music paper, added a ribbon and a few die cuts.  I love the reindeer die as well as the paint sample cards. That was easy.  I plan to bake the cookies next week - want them to be freshly baked and crisp when they reach their destinations.

This one was done in the color combo of The Play Date Cafe:


These are not colors that I would normally choose but this is what joining in a challenge is about - getting inspiration and trying something new. And the inspiration:


Just click here to hop over and see what the rest of Blogland did.

That's it from me. Have a wonderful weekend and please come back to play as I'll be sharing some more crafting fun right here on Play as U Go.

Hazel
xXx


 

1 comment:

  1. Super cute tin! Love the reindeer! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete