Monday, November 12, 2012

Mug jersey / The Play Date Cafe

Good morning Bloglanders

I hope you had a wacky weekend!  I just love color.  I keep my pens out on my desk, my knitting needles in a see through jar, my rolls of tread on a tray because I love to look at them. Not that I do knitting - that's the one thing that I only do if all else fails.

So, when all else failed, I decided to knit a jersey for the enamel mug on my desk which holds my pens.  And this is what it looks like now:

I actually want to use it to serve cheese straws or bread sticks at a real South African braai but in the meantime, it looks pretty fab out on my desk.  I love purple and therefor, loved this weeks color combo from The Play Date Cafe.  Here it is:


And a close up of my crochet flowers:


If you want to hop over to The Play Date Cafe to check out the other entries, just click here.

That's it from me. Have a marvellous Monday and please come back to play as I'll be sharing some more crafting fun right here on Play as U Go.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Great take on the challenge, and so creative too! I attempted to learn to crochet last year, but...SO I have so much appreciation for this!

    Bernadet
    http://bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creativity each week just astounds me. What a cool take on the colors! Those buttons are great! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great project. it's so cute! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete