Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Art Journaling - I am good enough

Hi there Bloglanders

Busy, busy, very busy BUT first I want to show you another of my attempts at art journaling. I'm starting to enjoy myself and I'm afraid to say - this can become addictive.  I think the big thing is that you have to accept that imperfection is OK. How can that be so difficult for IMPERFECT ME???

Anyway, here it is:

I have glued the punched out hearts together, covered them with a few layers of Guesso for texture, added it to a water color base, stapled, stamped and added the fabric flag to the top. I love the fabric tag - made it myself!! And for my non South African Bloglanders - it says "YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH".

This is a big thing for me - I'm a total over achiever but I'm working hard to tell myself that I'm IMPERFECT and I'm embracing it.  I've raised my son not to be like me but the older he gets, the more he tries to be perfect as well. The only difference is that once he realizes that he's doing it, he lets it go and moves on - not me - I try and try and try and try again to perfect at everything. Not 2013 - for me to enjoy hope, joy, peace and love, I have to let go and be IMPERFECT ME.

That's it.  Have a great Wednesday. I'm off to have tea with a friend and I'll be back to show you what I've got on my craft desk. Thanks for visiting and please come back to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment