Monday, January 28, 2013

Art Journaling Tags

Hi there Bloglanders

It's Monday and time to share my contribution to The Color Throwdown.  This is the inspiration:


I love the color scheme especially the Wisteria Wonder - I always say that my mother-of-the-groom outfit will be in that exact color once the boys get married.  Oh, I hope it is soon - I would love to have grandchildren! Sometimes I can't believe that I only have one child as I'm actually great with children but then I remind myself that if it worked out that I had more, we wouldn't  been able to add Wernich to our family and fund his education.  Just shows that everything works out just as it should.

Anyway, I have a pattern for the mother-of-the-groom outfit - will keep pestering the boys and look out for fabric in the meantime. 

I decided to do some more art journaling for the challenge but it turned into a total mess.  And so I got to the point where I converted my work of art into tags.  Even the stamping went all wrong but in the end I added more than 15 tags to my tag stash and when I stamped "thank you so much" more than 50 times, my day felt a lot more grateful.

Here they are:

For the background I used some watercolour paints in two shades of purple and 2 shades of green.  The zig-zag stamping was done in weather vane and the star-burst (???) and sentiment in fountain pen.  The twine is from The Twinery and both the stamp pads are from Jenny Bowlin. I've used MME stamps.

And here I've used some tags on a 6x4 journaling card for my "MY LIFE, MY WAY" album.


I'm just glad that I was able to turn the art journaling gone wrong into something useful.  Tomorrow I'll show my first "MY LIFE MY WAY" page. I did it in the same color scheme with paper that has been in my stash for the past 7 years!!! My 2013 philosophy - Live Light.

That's it from me. We are having a farewell party for Wernich and I have to get going on the food ASAP.  Please come back tomorrow to see my layout.

Have a great Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment