Friday, March 1, 2013

DIY Earrings with The Play Date Cafe

Hi there Bloglanders

So yesterday I decided to stop blogging!!!! And then had the most hits since I started my blog about a year ago. So, here we go again.  I've always been complaining that I don't get comments and yesterday I got 30 of them as well.  Thanks Bloglanders, you have truly changed my mind.

Once again I'll tell you that I blog as it is part of my record keeping system but when I hop around Blogland and see what other people do, I really feel that my efforts are not nearly good enough. Then I have to tell myself once again that I've always been keeping track of my craft efforts by taking pictures and pasting it into  scrapbooks but that gets filed away. So, by doing it in an electronic format, I can have all my blog posts (and pictures) printed afterwards and best of all, I've made lots and lots of  Blogland friends.  By writing it down it all makes sense but it's so easy to doubt oneself.

So, maybe I was just a little depressed again, yesterday. Wernich's girlfriend flew to Bloemfontein to spend the weekend with him - I was running around to get a goodie bag ready to send with and get all the other necessities on his list ready for her to pick up after work. Just feeling sorry for myself for not going but it was my choice to buy an aeroplane ticket for her and not one for myself. Now I'm not even making sense to myself!

Let's just leave it at that.

I made myself a pair of earrings this morning to get myself into a better mood. (and I'm already wearing them).  Here they are:


I've never done beads before except on sewing projects.  You wouldn't believe how easy it is.  In less than 15 minutes I did something that gave me today's craft fix.

And the inspiration for my color scheme:


Of course - The Play Date Cafe!! I would never have chosen this color scheme BUT when I looked at the pictures, I just loved how it looked together.  As I use these beads on crochet flowers, I already had them in my stash. I just put some wire through them, added it to a pair of recycled earrings and ta da!

Now that was easy and I do feel a lot better with them dangling on my ears. If you want to get some color inspiration as well, just click here to hop over to The Play Date Cafe.

That's it from me.  Have a great weekend and please check back as I'll be sharing a picture of the wedding dress I made last week the moment the bride goes down the isle. Thanks once again for visiting my blog.





PS. I have convinced myself - I'm going to keep blogging!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun and unique take on the color story this week! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Sorry to hear about the blog rut. It is so worth it in the end... Blogland friends really are the best!! Lovely earrings!
    Thanks so much for joining us at the play date cafe!

    ReplyDelete