Monday, March 18, 2013

Fly Away Art Journaling

Good morning Bloglanders

I hope you are having a Marvellous Monday!  I enjoyed my camping weekend but there's nothing like home (and my own bed!) Lately I have been thinking about freedom - like "agree to disagree".  It is so easy to say that what you do is best - I think we all try to influence someone at some point but if you take a moment to reflect and think about it.  Your choices, your thoughts and your deeds are your own. And only you have to take responsibility for it.

I always tell the boys that I don't mind if they tell me that they've been wrong but I would hugely regret it if  I influenced them into making mistakes. What is wrong for me is not necessarily wrong for them.  So, I got to the point where if we disagree, I tell them what I think and ask them to decide for themselves. I really want them to be free to live their own lives, make their own mistakes and to take credit for their achievements.

This is what this week's Art Journaling is all about - to be free, to fly free, to SOAR!


I started out with the color palate from The Color Throwdown:


I painted the background light pink (doesn't look light now but that's how it started out), added white Gesso via a stencil of a bird and branches. I added an orange boarder (used wax crayons) and painted my whole canvas with orange fabric die. This makes the wax crayon part pop out (and it made my pink a lot darker!!). Lesson well learned - next time I'll only paint the die over the boarder.  Then I added some stamping in black and weathered vine as well as the birdcage die cut. Done!!

Once again I added it to my 2013 Art Journal:


And a close-up of my left page:


I'll be adding my thoughts to the left page in white ink.

That's it!  Please hop over to The Color Throwdown to see what the rest of Blogland did and while you're there, leave some comments.  Just click here to be redirected.

Have a great day and thanks for visiting my blog. Please come back to play as I'll be sharing more crafting fun right here on Play as U Go.


No comments:

Post a Comment