Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Sewing Maxi Book

Hi there Bloglanders

I hope you are having a Terrific Tuesday.  I am at the West coast with my husband - yes!!! This is a scheduled post - a first for me.

My father bought me a sewing machine for my 18th birthday and since then I've been making most of my own clothes as well as dresses for family, friends and their kids.  As I don't have daughters of my own, I love sewing for the daughter-in-law's.  Also, I have a very, very dressed down style which means that I wouldn't get all the experience while only sewing for myself and my home. Christening outfits are my favorite.

Some of you might remember the dresses I made for a wedding last week.  Here is how I capture everything that I make:

Above is the details for the wedding dress and here are the rest of the bridal party:


I write everything down in an A4 notebook.  I even add the pictures and some photos taken on my dressmaking dummy. If I ever have to make a similar dress, I have all the quantities and tips on hand.  I also keep a scrap of fabric and trim to add to my book.  I don't want it to be neat - it is a notebook and should look as such.  Anyway, I love it and I have lots and lots of these notebooks - on a Sunday I'll sit on my "stoep" and page through them.  Sometimes I can't even remember making a specific dress - I don't remember, that's why I scrap!

And to proof that I was indeed sitting on my "stoep" with a glass of West Coast Sauvignon Blanc, just look at the sun spots on my pictures and if you still don't believe me -


Yes, I still haven't replaced  my cat but my neighbour's one is visiting so much that I really don't need one of my own. I love it when a plan comes together!

I try to do a mini book / layout every week but I'm very proud of this maxi book and thought you would enjoy looking at it as well.  

That's it from me.  Thanks for visiting my blog and please check back as I'll be sharing more of my crafting fun with you right here.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment