Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Happy Day in May

Good morning Bloglanders

Today I'm sharing a layout of my Mother's Day activities.  I wanted it to look sort of "a day in the life"-like.  All over Blogland I can hear sighs as I know you don't like my layouts but yes, this is IMPERFECT ME's blog and layout day it is.

I wanted to use stuff that I had and the whole idea came from MME's challenge of the month "MAY DAY" so I paged through my stash and stumbled upon this cardstock.


To tell you the truth, it is awful!  Sorry MME!! And I received 3 sheets in a kit I bought.  So, out came the Guesso and my "canvas" looked like the picture on the right. Too white, too dull - so I sprayed it with yellow fabric dye and stamped the orange scrolls to zuss it up.

I added what was left in my stash from The Sweetest Thing range, stapled my pictures on, some stamping in black and the journaling. I used my Spellbinders dies to die cut the letters out of scraps of cardstock. It now reads "A happy day in MAY". 

And a close-up:

That's Mother's Day 2013 done, dusted and filed away in my Project Life binder. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm off to do some office work but will be back tomorrow with some more crafting fun to share.  Have a Terrific Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment