Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Craft Closet - Ribbon Storage

Good morning Bloglanders

I'm busy, busy, BUSY.  We are going on a camping trip (again!!) and Wynand has a lot of projects lined up for me. Let me tell you, we nearly had a divorce on our hands two days ago as I had to cover two mattresses with canvas. Honestly, I'm not going there again.  I'll take a picture so that you can have sympathy with me - once the sun is shining in Sunny SA again.

Today, I want to share my ribbon storage system with you. I can't believe that I have that much going on in a room smaller than my bathroom.  My room will be on the Craft Storage Ideas blog tomorrow so I don't want to spoil the surprise by giving up all the inside info before then. But, rest assured, it is all coming to Play as U Go very soon!

I don't buy a lot of ribbon as this can totally become an obsession.  Mostly, I do hybrid crafts - not a lot of cards for me but I love to make tags and for that you need some ribbon or twine.  I'll do the Twine storage in a later post but right now here is a pic of my ribbon storage system:


I have added the pink arrow so you can see where our water computer is located - on the wall in my Craft Closet!!! This would have been wasted space as you have to get to it easily so I used these cheap, lightweight, "spaghetti" containers. Here you can see where it is in my CC.


Everything in my craft space is arranged according to the colors of the rainbow - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. Then one for naturals, black and white. I also have an unmarked one - for scraps. (Yes, I recycle packaging material as well!) This is my red, orange and yellow container:


I've "marked" the lids of the containers with some scraps of ribbon and double sided tape. I just liked the look of it but if you turn the containers with their bottoms to the front, that wouldn't even be necessary. I'm so sorry I didn' take a "before" picture of my ribbon stash.  It was a huge lot and a huge mess and after I've sorted and divided them into the spaghetti containers, they take up a lot less space, I can see what I've got at a glance and they look neat and tidy.

That's it!! Another inside view into my Craft Closet.  I'll be over at Craft Storage Ideas tomorrow to share my room BUT I'll also do a special treat for you, my Play as U Go friends - I'll show and tell all  all about my desks. Boring topic - not mine!! See U soon, have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment