Monday, May 27, 2013

Drawers converted to shelves - The Craft Closet

Hi there Bloglanders

I hope you are having a Marvellous Monday and that you had a lot of quality time with your loved ones over the weekend.  Today I'm sharing the drawers that I converted into shelves for my Craft Closet.

I don't have a lot of wall space in my Craft area and therefore were on the lookout for some shallow shelves for some time.  I was looking for something similar to the Recollections Craft Accessory Organizer, but couldn't find anything in Sunny SA. So, when my father's desk from days gone by got shortened to become a dressing table in my parent's flatlet, I grabbed them.

My husband added a shelf to the middle: 

And up they went. Girlfriend #2 (the interior designer) wanted them unpainted but after a week of looking at their dark and dingy form, out came my ice cream paints.  I left the front and handles unaltered and painted the insides in a mauve purple.



Now all the glass jars are on my shelves as well as my patchwork fabric stash. OH, AND my Washi tapes in a recycled chocolate holder!  I love the bright colors and I can see exactly what I have at a glance. I use these drawers at craft fairs - just take them off the wall, use and back up afterwards. As easy as that.

I'm so chuffed at how it turned out.  The best part is that I used something that would otherwise have been thrown away.  If you missed out on my Craft Closet info, just click on the small link under Play As U Go on top of my post or here and you will be redirected.

I hope you enjoyed my take on the drawer conversion. I'll be back tomorrow to share some more crafting fun right here on Play as U Go. Have a great Monday and thanks for visiting my blog.




1 comment: