Friday, May 31, 2013

Here and Now May 2013

Good morning Bloglanders

I'm running around getting everything done - new month, new things to do!  We will be going on a camping holiday soon, both the boys are writing exams and Wernich will be back home for the holidays soon. He hasn't seen Jessie yet - I bet he can't wait!

So, not a lot of time to think up new projects - I'm just trying to keep up with PL and the layouts on my craft desk.  I'll also do some more Craft Closet inside info over the weekend. If you are following, please check back.

This is the layout that I made yesterday:

Over at Monika Wright's blog she does a monthly recap of what she is doing at that time. She even supplies free printable that you can just fill out.  I wanted to do something similar but not to restrict myself to the set form.  So, as part of my PL, I journal about my family, my house & garden, work, etc on a monthly basis.  No formal rules, just the info.  This month I scribbled it down while waiting in the que for my passport to be renewed.  The idea was that I would transfer it to journaling cards or a digi layout but I didn't get to that so I decided to tear them out and add a glassine envelope where they can be stored.

I started out with a mini layout:

The inspiration for this came from the MME Sketch Challenge for May:


My Mini Layout is 6x6, I swopped the squares for stars and stitched around the edges to replace the journaling.

I've used the MME papers from the My Girl range but as I specifically bought it to make a mini book for Girlfriend #1, I didn't want to use too much of my stash.  This is what I did:


The back of my layout - I've cut away all the access paper to keep and use in my mini book. Just couldn't get myself to waste all that beautiful blue starry paper.

And a close-up of the glassine bag and the main title of my page:

And my notebook papers outside the bag:

I loved doing this layout and shortly it will be time to do my June "Here and Now". I'm a notebook kind of girl - always one at hand and it is such a waste waiting in queues - why not journal the time away.

That's if from me. Have a great weekend and thanks for looking at my blog today. Please come back to play.

Hazel
(Somehow I lost the Sunny SA!! - IMPERFECT ME)




No comments:

Post a Comment