Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nauti{cool} cards

Good morning Bloglanders

Finally it is winter in Sunny SA!  I totally love it. Jerseys, boots and soup.  My fave season.  For those of you who haven't been to Sunny SA - our winters are a bit like the European summers to me. Cold and rainy days and in between we get lots of perfect sunny days.  We don't get any snow in Stellenbosch where I live - just a teeny bit once in a blue moon on the mountain tops.

So, with our second rainy day, I decided to do a card for The Play Date Cafe to warm things up.  Who can resist this week's color combo?

Here is my take on it:

Just look at my grass!!! It is from my takeaway sushi! In real life it pops off the page - my photo taking skills (or rather lack thereof) is to blame. I've used a stamp and die set from Sizzix called Hello Spring.  Actually, I bought it because of the little birdie - he is so adorable. (and the sets were on 40% discount!) 

I'm still trying to do a set of cards or tags every week - by the end of the year I'll have 52 sets to use as Xmas and birthday pressies. Also, if I have 52 sets, I have 52 different combo's to choose from should I need to pack / wrap or write a note and there would still be 3 cards left to give away.  This works so well for me. Two years ago I mixed up all the year's remaining cards and included them in the mini packing sets that I make to give away.  Do you still remember what they look like?  Just click here to go to the post and for the lazy ones - a pic:

I do stacks of them, they cost next to nothing and my friends even ask for a refill!!

That's it from me. Thank you for looking at my blog today. Please check back as I'll have some more crafting fun to share right here on Play as U Go. Have a Terrific Tuesday!


1 comment:

  1. Very cute card set! That bird is sweet! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete