Friday, May 24, 2013

Spring Flowers - The Twinery

Hi there Bloglanders

Today I'm taking a break from the Craft Closet posts - I will do one each week until everything has been covered and link them all up to the small button just under Play as U Go on top of my page.  Click there and you will get the links to all the related posts.  I'm just getting bored and decided to show some crafting fun today.

This is what I did:


And from above:

Over at The Twinery the challenge is:


Even though Sunny SA is heading for winter, I thought there could never be enough flowers to cheer a drab day up.  I'm actually helping two girls to make a gift for their teacher and this is what it will be.  I got the tutorial (and all the templates) here. It is called a Hexagon explosion box and inside is 3 layers of pages that can be decorated.  I forgot to take a picture of this but once the girls have decorated it, I will surely share it with you.

U used crochet flowers that I did with Pink Sorbet Twine to decorate the lid of the box.  I don't knit or crochet but I found the instructions in a magazine and it was easy enough for me to do. Lucky me inherited my grandmother's knitting and crochet needles - she would be so proud to know that I've actually used them.

That's it from me. I hope your May has a lot of  flowers in it. Have a great day and enjoy your weekend. I'll be back to share some more crafting fun right here on Play as U Go. Thanks for visiting my blog today!



2 comments:

  1. Wish I could crochet!!! Lovely...thanks for playing along with The Twinery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome project...so glad you entered the challenge at The Twinery, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete