Monday, July 15, 2013

Altered Road trip mini book

Hi there Bloglanders

Oh, it's good to be back!!  I've been crafting away in my Craft Closet and loving it.  Today I'm going to share the notebook I made to document our trip.  I ALWAYS do that - if I don't write down while we go, I tend to forget all the nice bits. Do you take crafting supplies with when you travel?? If you love something, you will find a way to do it even when on holiday.  Why not write me a comment on what you take with when you go away.  Please, please, please!! - I plan on doing a post for Craft Storage Ideas on this topic.

And here we have my book:

Once again I started out with an ordinary school exercise book. I used one left behind from the days when my boys still went to school, tore out all the used pages and cut it to a 6x12 size.  I just like the look of it AND when you get brochures, they actually fit without cutting.  I'll show you what I did to accommodate that without glue or losing info. More about that tomorrow.

Once again, I covered the front and back with some scrapbook paper, added a title, a few stickers, some thick plastic and a belly band to keep everything tidy.  My book is already bulgy and I haven't even started on the pictures.  Inside the front and back pages are additional pockets for empty journaling cards and stickers. That's it - done in a flash and perfect to record any adventure.  Best part is that I can fit it into my Project Life binder.

Thank you once again for stopping by.  Please remember to leave me a comment about traveling with your art / craft.  I'll be back tomorrow to show you how I added the brochures to my holiday notebook.  Please check back and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment