Thursday, July 18, 2013

It's a Circus with The Twinery

Hi there Bloglanders

I'm still sorting through my holiday pictures and we'll return to my PL and Mini Journal once it's printed. Until then, I'll share what's on my craft desk.  Today, my kitchen will get new curtains and yesterday I had to work on my gift wrapping stash. I just love beautifully wrapped presents but I also know that most people just unwrap and dump what they don't need in the trash.  Therefore, I try to use recycled material as much as possible.

For most of my packaging, I use ordinary gift wrap that I glue onto carton.  Our gift wrap rolls have a craft core of rather sturdy carton - most of the time I'll use this but everything goes - cereal boxes, DHL envelopes - you name it, I use it!

I've been invited to a little boy's birthday party and as the theme is "clowns" - I decided to use this inspiration from The Twinery for my packaging:


And this is my gift box:

I used a free template that I got here.

It is in French but easy enough to figure out without asking Google translate. I did enlarge my pattern pieces to get a finished circus tent of  about  5x4 inches - I did this because the original pattern was designed for treat boxes and would have been too small for my pressie.  OK, I did add the twine bunting, check curtains and yellow twine tie backs - you have to add a personal touch, don't you?  In the end I'm rather proud of my effort and I'll surely file the pattern away and give it another go when I have to do toddler parties again (that's when I get that long awaited grandchildren!) 

I did wish for some solid color blue twine but I only have red and pink so I hopped over to The Twinery's shop and ordered some.  They have a huge discount running so I bought an additional roll.  Now, I just have to wait until it arrives on my doorstep!

That's it! I'm off to that curtains.  Thanks for stopping at my blog today.  Please hop over to The Twinery to see what the rest of Blogland did with the circus theme and remember to buy that twine while you can still get the discount. Just click here.





No comments:

Post a Comment