Friday, August 16, 2013

Back to my Bug???? (or NOT???)

Hi there Bloglanders

I can't believe that this week has come and gone.  I've spent some time getting to know my new Silhouette but as I have bags of scraps, my Cuttlebug and shape punches is out to cut some useful shapes and reduce the scrap pile. This is the one thing I don't like about the Silhouette - maybe I just haven't figured it out yet but I try not to cut cardstock smaller than 6x4. And as promised, I want to show you that if you are a "bugger" or even cut by hand, you can still try my projects.

And to proof my point - here I've used the same idea - triple butterflies with HETTE (click here if you missed it) on the left and ones done with my BUG on the right.

What I did like about the Silhouette is that I could alter the size of my butterfly with the click of a button.  With a die cut, you first have to get hold of the die and if you want different sizes it will cost a pretty penny. Also, I think I'll do 100 with the Silhouette in the time it would have taken me to do 10 by hand. So far HETTE has been worth every penny I  spent on her.

And back to this beauty. She is flying away this evening on a birthday card.  I just love the flowers - making a wintry day in Sunny SA pop.



Last but not least. My waterfall card have been mentioned over at the Silhouette blog!!  I'm sorry to be so chuffed but I AM!!!! Hop over there and check it out for yourself. Just click here. If you missed my post on the waterfall card for my PL album, just click here.

That's it from me. I'm looking at wedding venues for my son's upcoming wedding this weekend. Have to run because I still want to make a notebook for myself (and one for the bride-to-be) to make sure that we don't miss out on anything.  

Thanks for looking at my blog today. Please come back as I would love to share my crafting fun with you. Have a great weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment