Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Layout with MME

Good morning Bloglanders

First of all - I've had the best blogging month since I started about 2 years ago. Thank you very much for all your support.  I really enjoy blogging about my crafty life and my blog motivates me to try out new things, to think up alternative ways to be creative and the best part - I get to finish about 5 projects each week!!

Now for my layout:
I started with Project Life last year and it's really intimidating BUT I'm slowly but surely getting the hang of things.  I don't do a page a week.  Too conventional for me. When I have pictures, I add them and at the end of the month - I go through my monthly file and add whatever I missed. (mostly the iPhone or iPad ones) I love layouts - I include at least 2 every month and I do mini layouts as fillers for my PL pockets. If you missed it and want to look, just click here.

Back to my layout.  I used 95% MME papers - some very old and some more recent.  The "other" 5% are recycled paper - the craft from a parcel I received and the cream from an old notebook. (one I actually used when I went to university - see the hole - 100% authentic) I used this sketch from MME as inspiration:


100% MME embellishments and the die cuts were done with old MME papers. I totally love that speech bubble with the heart. Here is a close-up:

And I totally forgot about my journaling - had to add a tag.  Bottom right you can see what I did it.

Now for the story. Wynand, Pieter and I have our birthdays within a fortnight. Each year I make a layout where I tell what we did on each occasion. This year we went "wedding venture hunting" and the pics in my layout is of  THE ONE.

Back to my papers.  I stumbled upon an old kit with papers from the Life Stories range - never heard of it before!  For the background I added woodgrain from Miss Caroline and the flowery paper is from Find your wings and Fly. I don't think I would ever have used this specific print but against all the muted colors - I LOVE it. Let me tell you a secret.  All these papers (except the woodgrain) were in my "use or lose" pile and I'm totally chuffed with myself for saving them.

Thanks for looking at my blog today.  Have a Terrific Tuesday and please come back to play.

Hazel



No comments:

Post a Comment