Sunday, October 27, 2013

BOO 4 TWO

Hallo Bloglanders

I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  We did. Friends, "braai" (barbecue) outside, good wine and perfect weather.  I'm planning a Halloween picnic for Wynand and me.  And this is the lantern made out of orange vellum:


I'll be placing a solar candle inside - it really illuminates the spiders and make them look big and crawly. And some more pics:

When I did the bat for my PL mini book, I simultaneously cut the spiders from black vinyl with my Silhouette. It's so easy to stick them onto a project and the vinyl is much stronger and flexible than cardstock. I used twine from The Twinery to suspend them from the top of my lantern.The orange vellum was folded around a vase and glued at the back.After Halloween I'm going to cut it open again and use it as a background for my picnic layout.  You know me - reuse, recycle and re purpose.

And the spider eyes?? I wanted those googly ones but as my nearest craft shop that stocks them, is 30 kilometers away, I used what I had on hand. Leftover alpha stickers!!




And I'm ready for my BOO picnic 4 TWO. I'm submitting my project for The Twinery's BOO TO YOU challenge.  If you want to join in the fun, just click here.


Thanks for looking at my blog today.  Have a Marvellous Monday and please check back as I have lots more to share right here on Play as U Go.

Hazel

3 comments:

  1. The Winery stocks twine now? :) Love the lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that one!! You know how I hate spell checking my posts!! IMPERFECT ME at her best.

    ReplyDelete