Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Monochromatic with Multi Media

Good morning Bloglanders

I'm a bit behind schedule with my life - apparently it's less than 70 days until Christmas and I still have to move mountains.  I think I will think about it tomorrow ................................ Today I'm sharing a Multi Media Layout.  My inspiration came from Big Picture Classes - do a monochrome layout!


You know me and my recycling ..................... and out came my tub with stips.  I started album making in the 11.5 x 12 inch days.  That meant that every single page had to be trimmed down! And that is why I have a whole tub of stips. I've kept them to do some Multi Media projects but this is the first one I got to. 

I just selected a lot of  blue"ish" scraps, glued them onto a sheet of navy cardstock, added some stitching, paint, pictures and a few die cuts. Done.

Work in progress pictures:
And close-up:
Here you can see how I added a bit more texture to the edges.  I masked it off, used my finger to rub on some extra paint, let it dry and removed the masking tape. The branch and title were done with my Silhouette and the birds cut with a Spellbinders die. And I decided to keep my pictures colored - IMPERFECT ME likes it that way!!

That's it - I'm off to do some more stripping ................................... with my paper strips, of course! Thanks for looking at my blog today and please come back to play.

Hazel


No comments:

Post a Comment