Monday, January 6, 2014

My Coat of Many Colors

Hi Bloglanders

I hope you are having a Marvellous Monday. Even though it's summer down under in Sunny SA - I'm in a clean, sort and purge mode. And I just HAVE to show this project from many, many moons ago .................


I made it for Pieter when he was just 2 years old and he wore it nearly every day for at least 2 seasons.  The idea of the coloured patchwork strips was that it should resemble "Joseph's amazing technicolor dream-coat".  Just my version ............................. IMPERFECT ME. There's a song by Dolly Parton (I think!) about the "coat of many colours that my mama made for me" - I still smile and think about this coat when I hear it.

It still looks rather good if you consider that it is 24 years old and it has been washed numerous times. Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture of Pieter wearing the "dream-coat" but if I stumble upon one, I'll add it to this post.

One of the things on my 2014  "TO DO" list is a quilt and looking at this little gem, made me realize that even when Pieter was small and I had very little time to sew, I did some awesome things. Time to get back to better time management!

That's it. Thanks for looking at my blog today and please check back as I have lots more to share right here.

Enjoy your day!
Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment