Monday, March 10, 2014

Make your own "washi" with MME

Hi there Bloglanders

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I did a lot of crafting. Still working on the farewell dress but I also managed to sneak in some Project Life layouts.  I know you don't like to look at layouts but I'll be showing as I'm rather impressed with my efforts. Seems that Project Life is growing on you and the more you do it, the nicer pages you turn out.

As part of one of my spreads I did this 6x6 mini layout. It will probably become a title page but I'm still thinking about it.


















Once again I made my own washi tape.  Remember, I explained here how to do it.  At first we couldn't get washi down under in Sunny SA so I made my own but now it's readily available and we can buy it in any shape and size UNTIL ...................................... this month's MME challenge: use 3 different tapes!!!  I've been everywhere and can't find any MME tape.  Normally, we struggle to get nice goodies but never before have I come up empty handed and if I order online from the USA, it will take at least 6 weeks shipping time. Well, I'm not discouraged that easily so I decided to try my hand at making my own "MME tape".  This is how it works:





1. Get hold of some tissue paper. I recycled some from packaging material and used a powdery blue and white. Stick some double sided tape to the tissue paper.

2. Now get hold of all your MME stamps that are just screaming to be used.

3. Stamp on the tissue paper where the double sided tape is at the back.

4. Cut "tape" to the size of the double sided tape with your trimmer. Actually, scissors works much better!

5. Now you have a whole stash of different tapes to use on any project. Peel away the other side of the double sided tape and stick. No extra glue / effort needed.

As  easy as that!! I did some extra strips that will go onto my PL layout and as I said - this one will probably become a title page for one of my March weeks.  We are nearing the end of summer and shortly it will be fall - think my colour scheme will fit perfectly.

That's it. If you can't get something, don't despair, just page through your stash and think out of the box. If you want to see what the rest of Blogland did in the MME challenge, just click here to be redirected.

Have a Marvellous Monday and please come back to play.

Bye
Hazel



1 comment:

  1. I love the washi tape. Havent had a chance to play around with it yet, but plan to soon. :)

    ReplyDelete