Friday, March 7, 2014

Save the Date

Good Friday Bloglanders

I hope you are well. I'm off to a lunch date with friends visiting from France but first, my project of the day:

Both the bride- and groom-to-be are technologically advanced. Her being a interior designer and him being a software developer. BUT .................. my dear 75+ -year-old parents!!!! No ways. So I decided to do a few "save the date" magnets to send to them and hand out to my friends who would love the smiling couple on their fridges.

Yes, they are magnetic. I've bought a pack of Silhouette printable magnet paper some time ago and couldn't wait for a project worthy of trying it out. This is it.  You can see the quality of the bigger pictures are not that good - it was printed on our normal office printer but for the smaller ones, I cut the A4 sheets to 6x4 and printed it on my photo printer.  Much better.

I used my Silhouette software to fit the pictures into the frames (Intersect function) - first time I've tried this and it works very well.

Another project done. I think I'll do some sort of a folder to fit my magnets. Don't want it to bend or fold in the mail.  Of course, I'll share, just keep checking back and all will be revealed.

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for visiting my blog.

Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment