Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Summary Week 27

Good morning Bloglanders

Do you ever get the feeling that nothing gets done??  For the past few months I've been feeling like that. I've been blogging less because I felt that I didn't get enough done and because I didn't blog, less did get done. So, last night I decided to make a list of the smaller things that I've done during the week ............................ and then I decided to do a summary of the week's smaller, less "bloggable" projects each Sunday.

Sit back and enjoy my first Sunday Summary!

I did a LOT of rusks. To fill our tins as well as for a 50th wedding anniversary pressie - I needed a "consumable" present. When you are 75+ you don't need more "stuff".

















I did the "50ste" with my Silhouette, added a stamped card and a voucher - made from scrap paper in beautiful "citrussy" colours.  Wynand and I plan to treat the happy couple to breakfast at a nearby wine farm when we have better weather. (and once THE wedding is over)

Next up I got all my favourite stamps and dies out and recycled some scraps into usable PL embellishments:

















In my quest for "waste not, want not" - I've decided to make my own die cut animals.  For months I've been trying to get hold of the Studio Calico wood veneers but if they have stock, I don't have an order and vice versa. Unfortunately, (or maybe it's a blessing in disguise) it's too expensive to order only one item to be shipped to Sunny SA. SO, out came my Papertreyink "on the farm" dies.

















I've done these in cork and wood veneer (ex Simon Says Stamp)- once again I added adhesive backing from Sizzix before die cutting - now it's self adhesive!! Love them!!

And on the sewing table:

















100 Napkins to be hemmed and personalized with heat transfer. Watch this space and you will meet again. On the right is a pattern I bought -  I'm making it in purple.

It's very, very cold in Sunny SA and Wynand and I go for a walk around our neighborhood every day and this was the view from my porch when we came back on Friday evening:

























Doesn't seem like a lot when you don't count but now that it's been recorded, it looks like I've been busy. Makes me feel much more optimistic and energetic.

I've also done a lot of work on my PL pages but more about that later this week. Thanks for visiting my blog today and please come back to play. Have a GREAT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment