Thursday, October 30, 2014

Take Along Art / Craft Bag - Part 3

Good morning Bloglanders

I hope you are having a Thunderous Thursday.  Thanks for joining me today where I'll explain how I did the "Puffy Pocket" for my Art / Craft Bag. If you missed part 1 and 2, just scroll down to catch up.














I always keep my paper, print-outs and die cuts in a plastic letter box. The one I used is A4 but if you want to use a bigger one for scrapbook paper, just adapt the size of yours. Because of the "bulk" in this pocket, I had to "puff it up" with boxed corners. Let me show you how easy it is:

First, pin the corner of your pocket over the stuff that you want to put in there.


Mark with pencil on both sides. (It should make a square when you unpin the corner)


Now stitch along the pencil line BUT leave the bottom 1cm UN STITCHED!!!  This 1cm seam allowance is where your pocket will be joined to the bag.



Trim the seams.


As easy as that!!!

Tomorrow we will finish our bag.  Thanks for joining me today! Have a GREAT day and remember to try something new - TODAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment