Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Design on Time - Rubber bands, paint / ink / mist and junk mail

Hi there Bloglanders

I'm back at Hamman HQ and yesterday we had a public holiday down under in Sunny SA - more time for FUN!!

Of course, we had a "braai" on the "stoep", beautiful weather and lots of cold, white wine. And I had some time to watch Amy Tangerine's Design on Time video.  Her inspiration came from Tim Holtz - rubber bands, paint / ink / mist and junk mail.

My take:






































As I didn't want to copy Jamie's idea of misting the rubber bands, I used this piece of scrap fabric as inspiration:






































As the 15 minutes were not enough to sew, I stapled my cut-up rubber bands onto the background. It looked totally horrible as I've used craft cardstock (not one of my faves). Some mists, paint and ink and the mess just got bigger. Once again - 15 minutes and no time to re-do.  I just went on with the rest on some office copy paper, added it to the wet mess and mounted it on cardstock to get it less messy.

I left it to dry overnight and now it looks rather good. Still not my fave colour scheme - I'm not into naturals - craft and mustard are a big NO on my craft table. But I do think that the blue and purple mounting does make a difference. I love the film strip and are rather proud of myself for keeping it up and finishing the layout.

The more I look at it, the more I love how it turned out. Maybe in a few years, it would be one of my all time favourites!!

That's it from Hamman HQ. I'm off to get some office work done, photos printed and shopping. Watch this space and you will be the first to see. Thanks for looking at my blog today. Have FUN!!



No comments:

Post a Comment