Sunday, April 5, 2015

Spring Art Journaling

Hello Bloglanders

As it's a LONG weekend, I decided to do something extra crafty special.  My inspiration came from an art journal page on the SimonSaysStamp blog and even if we are heading towards winter, I decided to hang onto the "summery" colour scheme a bit longer.

 It's actually funny!! My title is "SPRING" but in Afrikaans this means "jump" and it is what my page will be about. I adapted the SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge to suit my needs! (and the South African weather)

For this page I used acrylic paints, moulding paste, a few transparencies and left over die cuts. My polka dot stencil is from Wilna Furstenburg's LOVE workshop and it's the third time I've used it. It didn't cost me anything to cut with my Silhouette and the effect is SO worth my while. Here is a close-up:




















Hop over to the SimonSaysStamp Blog and see if you can spot the page that inspired me.

Thanks for looking at my project and visiting my blog. I'm off to get some sewing done ................................... I LOVE long weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment