Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Design on Time - I love to SEW layout

Hello Bloglanders

I'm SO sorry for not putting up post every day but it's Fall down under in Sunny SA and the most beautiful days - we sit outside, eat outside and spend time on our porch and gardening. What more can a girl want?? You can even see the sunshine on my layout - if you've got it, flaunt it!!

I did get to the Amy Tangerine Design on Time Challenge #6. It's from Shanna Noel and you can watch the video here. The objects to use are paint (again!!), a list and fabric scraps.









By now I've learned that if you want to get a layout done in 15 minutes wet paint is not your best friend. SO,
I used black ink to do the stripes for my background. GREAT idea - it almost dries instantly!  My fabric strips were cut with my paper trimmer to speed things up and it ended up on a banner across my layout. I must admit, after 10 minutes of work, we had a power failure for more than 2 hours and I ended up typing my list as our computer system has backup batteries to keep it going.

At least it kept me busy!!! All in all I think I still would have finished in time but "load shedding" is here to stay so I did the best I could and finished up my project first thing this morning.

Now  for the story ............................................ I do love to sew but normally I only do it for myself or my daughter-in-law.  Last year I did a bit more than that - 21 outfits and that's only clothes. I also did LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of home ware projects. And this is the story behind my layout - more than 20 outfits in a bit more than 6 months and only 2 were for myself!!

Now, hop over to see what Amy and Jamie did with the same "ingredients".

I love a challenge and these Design on Time videos makes it SO much fun.  Thanks for visiting my blog today. I'll be back tomorrow with a "Moulding paste" project. Check back to see how it turned out!!




No comments:

Post a Comment