Sunday, July 12, 2015

Vintage Layout

Happy Sunday Bloglanders!!

I've been crafting up a storm! My Project Life pages for April and May are done, I'm working on June pictures, I've been trying my hand at making "softies" and we have beautiful weather down under in Sunny SA - so, I've tried out LOTS of new recipes.

But let's not wast time on things that I'll show later - here is my Vintage Layout:

































For some time now, I've been planning to do some "beachy", vintage pictures for the walls of the Beach House. Most of the pictures are in a bad state from being stored in acid containing albums or even worse - boxes stuck away somewhere.  Also, they have been taken many, many moons ago with instant cameras.

I just don't like small pictures on BIG, white, seaside walls!! SO, when I saw Papercrafting Magazine Monday challenge #107, the vintage "feel" reminded me of this picture of my husband and his cousin on the beach.


I decided to make my picture "bigger" with a Layout - how simple is that! With the exception of the picture and the background paper, everything came from my scraps. I didn't want the title to stand out. Therefor, I went for white on white lettering:




















I love how it turned out and can't wait to have it framed and up on the wall. In the meantime I'm off to rescue another vintage picture. Come back to play and all will be revealed right here on Play as U Go.

Thanks for looking at my blog today. Have a GREAT week and remember to try your hand at something new - Today!


No comments:

Post a Comment