Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Play as U Paint

Good morning Bloglanders

I hope you are having a FAB week. I got into my Summer prep as we had the most wonderful, sunny weather over the weekend and then it started to rain ................................

Plan B. I left all my summer goodies on my craft desk, got a fire going in the fireplace and started painting and coloring.  With all these coloring books around, there is no excuse not to be creative!! As I'm sorting through stuff that I want to keep and purge  in an attempt to downscale, I stumbled upon these watercolour mini paintings that I've done and decided to frame it.


































It's not perfect - but then, I'm not a "painter". (Actually I'm a winemaker!) and up on the wall nobody will even notice my imperfections.


































Did you see??? .................................. I even signed my work-of-art!!  Let me tell you how easy it was.  I got butterfly images from a book, made pencil drawings on watercolour paper and started painting. As easy as that.  I fitted 4 images onto 1 x A4 sheet of watercolour paper and will show the rest of the collection once I've got them framed.  My frames are shop bought and should I wish to change the images in future, it will be easy.

This week I'm submitting my work-of-art to the SimonSaysStamp Wednesday challenge: 

                               NO DESIGNER PAPER

Easy challenge. It's SO hard to get designer paper down under in Sunny SA that we tend to DIY anyway!!

If you have enough on your walls, my butterfly would work just as well on a card or tag. Just stamp a sentiment and you're good to go.

Thanks for looking at my blog today. I'll be back later this week with the rest of my butterfly collection. In the meantime, have FUN and craft on.








1 comment:

  1. Beautiful butterfly! Great colouring. Love it! Thanks for playing along SImon Says Stamp No Designer Paper Challenge :)
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete