Saturday, June 18, 2016

Out of Africa Travel Journal

Happy weekend Bloglanders

I got up very early this morning to get this post up as both my boys are coming home for Father's Day and I want to spend every available second with them. Of course I'll share some pic's after the weekend!!

Today I brought a Travel Journal page to share:



































A few weeks ago I joined Wynand on a business trip and we extended our stay to visit 2 of Sunny South Africa's National Parks - Augrabies Falls and Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. I showed you the mini book I made here.

BUT, I also keep a travel journal that joins me on every trip I do. Do you know that Sunny South Africa has 22 National Parks? Wynand and I plan to visit them ALL.  We only have 5 to go!! Want to read more about it? Just click here.
As you can see - we saw LOTS of animals including 5 lions!!  I had this stamp set from Studio Calico that I used on another page and as it was out, I stamped and coloured the 5 lions and the giraffe that we saw. A few pictures and bits and bobs from my stash and it was done.

I still have to add my journaling. Normally I add the website, rate the experience, note the kilometres we drove and what it cost. When I have a bit of free time over the weekend, I'll add it. Also included in this stamp set is a map of Africa. I'm using this on another Travel Journal page which I will share next week. Just check back and all will be revealed.

I think my other "travel stamps" are from Ali Edwards and I just HAD to add the quote from Nelson Mandela (it's also part of the "Africa" stamp set) "it always seems impossible until it's done"

I do a travel journal every year and this one is nearly full. We still have 2 more trips planned for later this year and of course, I expect the unexpected - hopefully my journal will be full this year.

Someone asked me about the "mini alpha's" on my layouts and journals. I'll show you exactly how I do them in another post.  As we don't get the nice goodies down under in Sunny SA, I improvise. I do them with my Silhouette but you can print them on an ordinary office / home printer and cut it out by hand as well. Check back and I'll show you how.

That's it!! I'm off to get beds made, buy food and have an early morning cup of coffee on my "stoep". While you are here - hop over to the SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge of the week - ANIMAL MAGIC. I bet nobody else saw 5 lions! (genuine ones out in the wild!!)

Thanks for looking at my bloggie. Have a GREAT weekend!!







 



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fabulous art journal pages Hazel! Oh my goodness, I would bet anything that there won't be any more entries from someone who had seen 5 lions!! how awesome is that!! I love that you are making these journals too, a great way to document and remember your travels :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x
    p.s we would love to see this on the Monday Challenge too, the theme is World Travel and this would definitely fit in! :-)

    ReplyDelete