Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy LOVE day!!


Hi there Bloglanders

I'm sorry I skipped a blogging month (or two) but I had a LOT of stuff to sort out. During the year I'll tell you all about it. It all started with my son's accident. Suddenly you know that life is short and you should cherish every second with your loved ones.

I'm not a big "cardie". Mostly I'll use a tag, name and handmade embellishment to pretty up my pressies or envelopes. Here is one that I've done to embellish homemade rusks.



For Valentine's Day, I decided to make some tags to decorate my goodies. They are generic and will do just as well for a baby, birthday and any special occasion.


As always, my tags are double which means that I have space for a personal message inside. Do you make them like them as well?? Easy peasy. Fold the paper in half and die cut the closed side inside the cutting edge of the die. I'll post a picture to my Instagram feed - if you don't understand, hop over to Instaland and see how.

And another pix:


I used a stamp to make the die cuts with my Silhouette. Scan, trace and lift, offset and cut. While at it, I altered my image to have a heart shaped balloon to replace the kite. I'll add a sentiment to suit the occasion once I use the tag. Just watch this space / my Instagram and all will be revealed.


I can't decide which one I love most!

I'll be trying to make some tags for my stash at least once a month. For inspiration I'll look around Blogland to find a challenge that takes my fancy. This week I was inspired by SimonSaysStamp's Wednesday Challenge - CUTE. I've never before used this stamp and it has been in my stash forever but when I saw the challenge, I immediately went to get it out. Once again, all the other elements came from my stash.

Here is my January and February efforts all ready to be  used:


Oh, I love pretty boxes!! And if they are filled with beauties like these, It's like jewels to me. Diamonds are not really my best friend but give me pretty paper and fabric and I'm in heaven.

That's it for today. I'll be back as I have made the most wonderful December Daily. I know it's not something you show in February but I can't wait until December to blog about it. Want a peek?



LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! I even love the pink "vacation toes" in my photo. Makes me smile.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day and thanks for looking at my blog today.


1 comment:

  1. super fun tags :) thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete