Sunday, March 5, 2017

Based on a book

Happy Sunday to you all!!

I've had my Travel Journal for ages but it always had it's original black cover. When I saw the SimonSaysStamp Monday Challenge of the week - Based on a book, I decided to zuss up my little black book.


































GAAN.SIEN.DOEN = GO.SEE.DO in Afrikaans. I cut the words with my Silhouette and added it to a textured background. I own only 3 bottles of mist - yellow, brown and blue. I decided to use it and I love the aged feeling. The zigzags was done with some Guesso and a stencil. I did cover everything with a few layers of Podge as this little bay has still lots of places to travel to.


































And what is a book without a back cover??


































The small words was printed on copy paper, cut apart and glued on with the Podge. I totally love the translucent feel. As my husband and I travel alone most of the time with both the boys having their own lives now, I decided to add a little "couple" diecut to make it more personal.

And a "before" pic of my little black book:



I own a stash of these and after this project turned out so GREAT, I'll be giving each and every one an overall. Just wait and see!! Maybe I should invest in a few more colours of mist. Any ideas?? The 3 that I have are all from different manufacturers. Please let me know in the comments.

If you want to see what the rest of Blogland did with the "Based on a book" challenge, hop over to SimonSaysStamp Monday Challenge and see for yourself.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend.  I'll be back with some more crafting fun. Just check back to Play as U GO. I LOVE to play with my craft supplies!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thats an amazing cover, I just received a travel book too so I'll do the same with mine. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete